Name: Carolyn Werge - Conservation Officer
815 Riverside Drive
P.O. Box 899
North Grosvenordale, CT 06255-0899
Phone: (860) 923-1852
Members serve a 5 year term.
Philip Thomas, Chairman
Norma R. O'Leary, Vice-Chair
Amy Coman-Hoenig, Treasurer
Bernie H. Davis
Kathy A. Mitchell
Carol A. Smith
Ron J. Tillen
WHAT WE DO
- The Commission advocates the wise use of our natural resources and conservation of priority open space lands. The work of the Commission involves:
- Advising the Inland Wetlands Commission and the Planning and Zoning Commission regarding the natural resources involved in development proposals before the boards,
- Advising the Board of Selectmen and the land use boards regarding acquisition of priority open space lands and conservation easements,
- Stewardship of the town's conservation easement lands,
- Updating natural resources mapping as new data become available.
The Conservation Commission meets on the 3rd Monday of the month in the 2nd Floor Conference Room at the Thompson Town Hall @ 7:00 pm unless noted otherwise.