Attn: Voting District Study Committee
P O Box 899
North Grosvenordale, CT 06255
phone: (860) 923-9561
Fax: (860) 923-3836
This committee is an advisory committee to the Board of Selectmen. Its charge is as follows:
- Explore all options available for voting districts.
- Analyze all budgetary aspects regarding voting districts.
- Investigate both centralized and decentralized voting district options including consolidation of voting districts to as low as a single district.
- Evaluate State laws and mandates.
- Evaluate work force needed at voting districts currently versus requirements for consolidation of districts.
- Evaluate the impact of same day voter registration.
- Evaluate voter turnout.
- Comparisons of voter districts to other municipalities.
- Evaluate history of voter decline.
- Evaluate history of voting districts.
- Evaluate percentage of voter registrations to actual votes during referenda and elections.