THOMPSON PARCEL MAP
The map below contains a link to a website containing all Town parcels including ownership and have map themes that can be turned on and off which help identify natural and man-made features. Aerial photography and links to Google maps also provided. This map application can also be used to create an abutters list for land use applications.
THOMPSON TRAILS COMMITTEE
The Town of Thompson is lucky to have within its borders many publicly accessible trails available for hiking or easy walking, nature study, biking, horseback riding and boating. These trails are diverse in terrain. Some provide handicap accessibility and some connect to trail systems in neighboring communities. They include town-owned and state-owned properties, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineering land.
Trail Maps are available at the Thompson Library Information Table and at Town Hall.
- Thompson’s Trails
- Airline Trail (from Mass. border to Putnam on old railroad bed)
- Tri-State Marker Trail (off Airline Trail, 2 miles round trip, steep & rocky)
- Fabyan River Trail/Fisherman’s Walk (1.2 miles round trip, boat launch & parking lot, USACE)
- Bull Hill Recreation Area (easy 1 mile loop)
- North Grosvenordale River Walk (3.2 miles round trip, mostly paved, handicap & bike accessible)
- Quaddick State Park Red Trail (1.5 miles round trip, easy to moderate)
- Tamler Preserve (.6 miles round trip, mostly easy )
- Border Trail (access to George Washington/Pulaski Management Areas, RI)
- West Thompson Lake Trails (USACE)
For additional information & maps click on these links: